Edible gold leaf booklet of 10 loose leafs. Made exclusively for the food industry. A luxury present for someone you love or simply make your cake at home and gild it with these shiny leafs. Edible gold leaf is suitable for decorating cakes and dishes of all kinds. it is ideal for embellishing and lighting your table.
– Leaf size: 50x50mm.
– Inside the booklet there are 10 leafs.
– Thicker gold leafs than the usual, which provides a richer gold looking.
– It can be used whole to cover larger areas or cut into smaller pieces.
– These 23k edible genuine gold leafs are placed loosely in a booklet.
– Best choice for home users who want to introduce a new dining standard with their love.
How do you apply edible gold leaf to a cake?
- Simply slide the gold leaf onto the cake. You can also use the Edible Leaf Application Brush to place the gold / silver leaf precisely where you want.
- Always avoid touching gold leafs with your fingers.
- Apply the leafs in a non-drafty environment.
- Avoid breathing over the leaf as this will cause the leaf to rincle or fly away.
- Always keep the leafs in a dry place, between 10c and 30c.
- Use the supplied edible gold or silver leafs within 3 years from date of purchase.
- For the edible gold leaf to stick, make sure your cake is free of any powder or sugar.
- If the surface of the cake is wet or moist already, then that’s best, if it is dry and hard (such as biscuit) brush a thin layer of water over the area where you will apply the gold leaf using a food paintbrush.
- Use the Edible Leaf Application Brush for picking up the gold leaf and place precisely where you want on the cake, the Gilder’s Tip is perfect for applying gold leaf vertically such as on the cake outside walls.
- If you do not have the Edible Leaf Application Brush, slide the gold leaf to drop where you want. For Transfer gold leaf, face the gold side on the cake and then use cotton or the Transfer brush and press down gently on the back of the tissue paper to transfer the leaf from its tissue paper onto the cake.
How long does edible gold leaf last?
The edible gold leaf lasts up to three years from the date of manufacturing. Edible Gold is used in gourmet foods, such as cocktails, pastries as a decorative ingredient.
Is edible gold leaf real gold?
Yes, edible gold leaf or flakes are made of pure Gold 24k, however, it also comes in 23k, (99% gold and 1% silver) both genuine Gold and silver are safe to consume. Thus edible gold leaf is relatively inexpensive.
Can you use edible gold leaf on buttercream?
Buttercream is the perfect foundation for loose edible gold leaf because the leafs are so thin they will follow the contour of the butter and stick easily.
What does gold leaf taste like?
Edible Gold has no taste at all, it is nothing but a shiny glitter that adds luxury style to your food.