- Have a question about shipping? Click Here
- Do we offer wholesale prices? Click Here
- Do we ship to all countries? Yes
- Gold Leaf NZ Limited is NZ’s #1 gilding supplies store.
- We ship worldwide starting from $19.00.
- All prices are in NZ$ and inclusive of GST.
- Pay by credit/debit card via PayPal, Online Banking, or Afterpay.
- We stock high quality gilding supplies from reputable brands such as Noris Blattgold, Kölner and Nazionale.
- All orders are processed and shipped daily by 5pm.
- Regular customers enjoy up to 30% discount storewide using Multi-use Gold Coupons.
- Have a question? Call us on 021 0505 449 or +64210505449 from outside NZ.
What type of gilding adhesive I need?
The matt gilding size is for indoor only. The Instacoll Gloss is best selling gilding size, its for all types of metal leafs, for indoor and outdoor and for all surfaces. For a more professional gilding project we recommend reading Choosing The Best Gilding Adhesive. However, if you are wanting a gilding size for particular surface, its best to check out our gilding systems.
What's the difference between Genuine Leafs and Imitation Leafs?
Genuine gold 23k – 24k leaf can be used indoor and outdoor, but imitation metal leafs can only be used indoor to avoid oxidation.
Genuine gold leaf can be burnished to create a high gloss and shiny finish, whereas imitation leafs can not be burnished.
What types of gold leafs are available?
What is Patent and loose Gold Leafs?
Gold leaf loose
The gold leaves are placed in paper booklets, loosely inlaid in 25 compartments, one for each leaf. To cut the leaf, one may take it from the booklet with the gilding knife and place it on the gilding cushion or drop it directly from the booklet onto the gilding cushion. Then, pick up the leaf with the gilder’s tip and place it onto the prepared surface.
Gold leaf patent (Transfer)
The individual gold leaves are pressed onto a tissue paper. One uses patent gold, also called tempest gold, when gilding outdoors. The tissue paper is larger than the gold leaf, thus it may be more easily handled. It is also possible to cut the patent leaves into desired shapes/forms with sissors. The leaves are placed onto the prepared surface (Instacoll system / oil gilding = mixtion), and carefully rubbed with cotton wool or Kölner tissue drapery. The tissue paper may then be removed as the gold leaf will adhere to the surface / object.
Do you offer free international shipping?
No. All international orders must pay for shipping regardless of the total order could be. And you may also have to pay tax in your local country.
Do I get a GST invoice for my order?
Yes. Our online system will generate and send (via email) an invoice with GST number as soon as you check out regardless of the payment method you select. However, if you want to receive an invoice before you make your payment, choose “Bank Transfer” under payment options and follow the onscreen instructions.
Are you a registered company in New Zealand?
Yes, we are registered company in New Zealand and we provide a GST number on all purchases that you make on this website.
What method of payment do you accept?
- PayPal: is an online secure payment system that allows people all over the world to buy online. It’s safe and fast, in fact, its instant, and does not disclose your credit card details to anyone.
- Online banking: we bank with ASB. Usually, the payment will show up on our account within 1-2 days if you use other than ASB.