Blond Shellak in flakes (de-waxed), sun extra bright, and free of resin. Used on metal leaf not only to protect the leafs from stain and oxidization.
Shellac is used by gilders on top of the gesso before applying the gilding size in order to prevent the gilding size from mixing with gesso. It is applied with various techniques directly on the applied metal leaf and preserves it from possible, subsequent oxidations. Shellac is a classic sealer for artists who wants to finish off their artwork to a professional level.
To dissolve: add 100g of Blond Shellac to 1 litre of ethanol (ethyl alcohol) or methylated spirit in a glass jar, lock well and put in a warm place. Strongly shake around the dissolution several times to accelerate. The shellac is ready for use after dissolve complete. Keep locked cool and well!
- Perfect sealer for protecting art work.
- Used as a wood finish.
- Tough natural primer for wood.
- Shellac can be applied by a brush, sponge or pad.
- Non-toxic as is.
- Shellac is only usable for indoor.
The light transparent layer is particularly resistant to scratches and gives a final protection to the product. Shellak is a resinous substance that is secreted by an insect – the enamel shield louse. It accumulates on the branches of trees. Found mainly in south and south east Asia, particularly in India and Thailand, shellac was manufactured formerly in large quantities. The annual output amounted to about 50,000 tons. In order to harvest a kilogram of shellac, one needs about 300,000 enamel shield lice. For the gilder, shellak is mainly used as a protective coating. The use of shellac is restricted to the painting technique.
Shipping within New Zealand:
Urban from $5.95 | Rural from $9.99 | Overnight from $11.95 | Saturday delivery from $14.95 | Freight $75 | Same day Auckland region $90
- All orders are processed daily and shipped via Track and Trace.
- Overnight delivery, usually 1-2 business days.
- Urban and Rural deliveries about five business days.
- All orders are packaged securely.
- Special shipping requirement is acceptable by prior arraignment.
- Freight shipping is a flat rate regardless of size and weight. Use this option if you see your shipping exceeded $75.
- Add to Cart all the products you want to buy and then go to checkout. Enter your address, and choose shipping by weight.
- All orders are packaged nicely and securely.
Wholesale prices, up to 70% off the RRP:
- Save Money Every time you buy from us.
- Get up to 70% discount every time.
- Use your Gold Coupon every time you purchase on our website.
- No minimum and no maximum spent.
- Your Gold Coupon is always active, with no expiration. Simply enter your coupon at checkout to get the discount.
- Valid on all products, storewide.
- Your discount percentage will be based on your total spending on Gold Leaf NZ and not on one single order.
- Coupons do not apply to on-sale products.
- You will get your Gold Coupon on your first order.
High-Quality Customer Service:
- We guarantee the quality of every product you buy from us.
- We package all orders securely and nicely.
- We inspect every product before we ship it to you so that you do not get disappointed.
- All orders are processed daily and delivered to you within 20 days via NZ Post, UPS, FedEx or DHL.
- You can pay by direct credit, Visa/Paypal or Western Union.
- We have no objection to how you use our products, resell them, or use them for yourself or your customers.
- Superfast communication, email us, call us or text us at any time.
- We look forward to you joining us for a long and prosperous business relationship.
If you have any questions, then please email us.