Blond Shellak in flakes (de-waxed), sun extra bright, and free of resin. Used on metal leaf not only to protect the leafs from stain and oxidization.
Shellac is used by gilders on top of the gesso before applying the gilding size in order to prevent the gilding size from mixing with gesso. It is applied with various techniques directly on the applied metal leaf and preserves it from possible, subsequent oxidations. Shellac is a classic sealer for artists who wants to finish off their artwork to a professional level.
To dissolve: add 100g of Blond Shellac to 1 litre of ethanol (ethyl alcohol) or methylated spirit in a glass jar, lock well and put in a warm place. Strongly shake around the dissolution several times to accelerate. The shellac is ready for use after dissolve complete. Keep locked cool and well!
- Perfect sealer for protecting art work.
- Used as a wood finish.
- Tough natural primer for wood.
- Shellac can be applied by a brush, sponge or pad.
- Non-toxic as is.
- Shellac is only usable for indoor.
The light transparent layer is particularly resistant to scratches and gives a final protection to the product. Shellak is a resinous substance that is secreted by an insect – the enamel shield louse. It accumulates on the branches of trees. Found mainly in south and south east Asia, particularly in India and Thailand, shellac was manufactured formerly in large quantities. The annual output amounted to about 50,000 tons. In order to harvest a kilogram of shellac, one needs about 300,000 enamel shield lice. For the gilder, shellak is mainly used as a protective coating. The use of shellac is restricted to the painting technique.
New Zealand: Free Shipping over $40 spent.
STD sizes: Urban fee $5.45 | Rural fee $9.95 | Overnight fee $7.95
- Orders are processed daily and shipped via Track and Trace.
- STD and Rural delivered within 3-5 business days.
- No shipping available during public holidays including Sat and Sun unless by prior arrangement.
- All orders are packaged securely.
New Zealand: Wholesale Orders
- All wholesale orders are shipped free.
- In stock, orders are shipped to you free via overnight.
- Backorders are shipped within 15 days.
- Special shipping requirement is acceptable by prior arraignment.
- STD Post $19.95. No tracking number, suitable for all kind of leaf.
- Up to 1kg $35.00 with tracking number.
- Up to 3kg $120.00 with tracking number.
- Up to 7kg $199.00 with tracking number.
- Up to 20kg $590.00 with tracking number.
All orders are packaged nicely and securely.
Wholesale prices, up to 70% off the RRP:
- Save Money Every time you buy from us.
- Get up to 70% discount every time.
- Use your Gold Coupon every time you purchase on our website.
- No minimum and no maximum spent.
- Your Gold Coupon is always active, no expiration. Simply enter your coupon at checkout to get the discount.
- Valid on all products, storewide.
- Your discount percentage will be based on your total spending on Gold Leaf NZ and not on one single order.
- Coupons do not apply to on-sale products.
- You will get your Gold Coupon on your first order.
High Quality Customer Service:
- We guarantee the quality of every product you buy from us.
- We package all orders securely and nicely.
- We inspect every product before we ship to you so that you do not get disappointed.
- All orders are processed daily, and delivered to you within 20 days via Fedex or DHL Exprerss.
- You can pay by direct credit, Visa/Paypal or Western Union.
- We have no objection as to how you use our products, resell it, use it for yourself or your customers.
- Super fast communication, email us, call us or text us at anytime.
- We look forward to you joining us for a longe and successful business relationship.
How to order:
- Either email us directly with what you want, or
- Click on the “Enquire” tab, which, is next to the product’s “Description” tab and fill in the form there.
- Alternatively, go to the products that you want to buy, add to cart, at check out enter your delivery address, select payment method and continue.
- At this point, we both received a copy of the order.
- We will contact you with the actual delivery date, and process your order immediately.
If you have any question, then please email us.