Water-based gilding size is for all indoor gilding with imitation gold leafs, silver, copper etc. The water-based mission is an adhesive based on acetate-vinyl co-polymers in aqueous dispersion, for sheet metal bonding. The water mission is indicated for the decoration of surfaces and supports placed inside, made of medium porosity materials such as wood, plaster, stucco, paper, etc.
- Amazing 15 minutes drying time. You can start applying the gold leaf after 15 minutes only.
- No gilder’s clay needed before applying this gilding size.
- Apply a coat of shellac on the gesso before the application of the gold size, the shellac is to isolate the gesso from the size.
- After the shellac has dried —which takes few minutes only— apply a generously coat of this gilding size.
- Size gilding can not be burnished at all.
Choosing a gilding size
Matt gilding adhesive is for indoor only, the gloss is for both indoor/outdoor. Colour: grey is for gilding silver and white gold, clear is for all metal and genuine leaf, red is for achieving warm gold, and the yellow is for achieving bright gold.
The universal Instacoll Gilding Size is for all surfaces, indoor/outdoor and for both imitation and genuine leafs.
Gilding size for imitation gold, silver, copper, and colored leafs: Suitable for wood, paper, concrete, and stone:
- Permacoll Gilding Size For All Metal Leafs And Gold Powder
- Kölner Aqua Size For Indoor Gilding Of Metal Leafs
- Gilding Size (Mission) Water-Based Gilding Adhesive
Gilding size for genuine gold & silver leafs:
- Suitable on ceramic: High Gloss Gilding Size For Gilding On Ceramic Kt5
- Suitable on Paper & leather: Miniatum Gilding Size For Paper, Leather, Vellum, 24h, Yellow
- Suitable on stone: Rapid Stone Mason Gilding Size, 15mins, Yellow
- Suitable on wood: KGGG System Fond
Recommended reading: Choosing The Right Gilding Adhesive or Gilding Size