Learn how to gild with imitation gold leaf in this 2 hours gilding workshop. The imitation gold leaf is suitable for interior gilding only.
Gild on anything, wood, metal, glass, ceramic, paper and fabric. This gilding tutorial is all that you need to gild with the imitation gold, copper and silver leafs
- Introduction to gilding tools.
- Introduction to composition (imitation) leafs such as gold, silver, copper, variegated and coloured.
- How to gild with imitation gold leaf.
- How to seal and varnish a gilded object after it has been gilded.
Gilding on wood:
- You will learn how to prepare your wood to receive the gold leaf size and when to apply the gold leaf.
Need to know:
- The workshop is about 2 hours.
- No previous gilding experience is required.
- No refund and no reschedule.
- Onsite and off-street parking is available.
- Free coffee and tea are available.
- All the tools and materials covered in the workshop will be provided for you to use (not to keep) during the workshop.
— The workshop will be held at Gold Leaf NZ in Hamilton. The address will be emailed to you.
— If you cannot come to Hamilton, I can come to your place at a date and time best for you, as long as you are within 200km of Hamilton. A petrol fee of $150 applies.
Other dates are also available upon request. Please contact us.
- By the end of this gold leaf workshop, you will be able to gild on your own.
- So give it a go, it could be one of the very best things you ever tried! Good luck!!