Edible silver leaf, a booklet of 25 leafs. Made exclusively for the food industry. Edible silver leafs are great for decorating dark background such as chocolate, sushi, fish and other gourmet that is either light or dark colour.
– All our edible silver leafs are made from genuine silver
– Silver leaf size: 95x95mm.
– Inside the booklet there are 25 silver leafs.
– These genuine silver leafs are placed loosely and individually in a paper tissue.
– Edible silver leafs are great together with gold leafs as they provide contrast and luxury environment.
– Best choice and more economical for cake shops and sweets manufacturers.
How do you apply edible silver leaf to a cake?
- Simply slide the silver leaf onto the cake. You can also use the Edible Leaf Application Brush to place the gold / silver leaf precisely where you want.
- Always avoid touching silver leafs with your fingers.
- Apply the leafs in a non-draught environment.
- Avoid breathing over the leaf as this will cause the leaf to rincle or fly away.
- Always keep the leafs in a dry place, between 10c and 30c.
- Use the supplied edible gold or silver leafs within 3 years from date of purchase.
- For the edible silver leaf to stick, make sure your cake is free of any powder or sugar.
- If the surface of the cake is wet or moist already, then that’s best, if it is dry and hard (such as biscuit) brush a thin layer of water over the area where you will apply the silver leaf using a food paintbrush.
- Use the Edible Leaf Application Brush for picking up the silver leaf and place precisely where you want on the cake, the Gilder’s Tip is perfect for applying silver leaf vertically such as on the cake outside walls.
- If you do not have the Edible Leaf Application Brush, slide the silver leaf to drop where you want. For Transfer silver leaf, face the silver side on the cake and then use cotton or the Transfer brush and press down gently on the back of the tissue paper to transfer the leaf from its tissue paper onto the cake.
What does silver leaf taste like?
Edible silver has no taste at all, it is nothing but a shiny glitter that adds luxury style to your food.
What is best: Loose or Transfer silver leaf?
- Loose Edible silver leaf: are best for soft surfaces such as cream, butter and jelly. Drop the loose-leaf, and it will stick by itself without having to press down on it.
- Transfer Edible silver leaf is best for the solid or hard surfaces where you can press down on the tissue paper to ensure that the silver has stuck on all the dentation and curves. Besides, the Transfer silver leaf is great for gilding the outside of your cake vertically.
Edible gold leafs are not the same gold leafs that used to decorate walls, furniture and valuable objects. Edible gold is not only made from genuine gold but also manufactured specifically for the food industry with strict safety standards; this means all the equipment are rubricated with vegetarian oil and not with toxic industrial oil.
BEWARE OFF: Cheap edible gold, is a sign it is NOT made from genuine gold, genuine gold is costly, usually the price for 50 imitation gold leafs = one genuine gold leaf.
Non-genuine gold (imitation) is made from zinc, resin and mixed alloy, plus made on machines that are rubricated with industrial oil, toxic and harmful to human consumption.
Generally, gold leaf from 22-24k is suitable for human consumption. Both the United States and the European Union authorised the genuine gold leaf for human consumption under food colouring # E175, and the genuine silver leaf under food colouring # E174). The leafs are so thin that they will disintegrate in your mouth instantly.
New Zealand: Free Overnight shipping over $30 spent.
Urban fee $3.95 | Rural fee $9.95 | Overnight fee $7.95
- Orders are processed daily and shipped via Track and Trace.
- STD and Rural delivered within 3-5 business days.
- No shipping available during public holidays.
- All orders are packaged securely.
New Zealand: Wholesale Orders
- All wholesale orders are shipped free.
- In stock, orders are shipped to you free via overnight.
- Backorders are shipped within 15 days.
- Special shipping requirement is acceptable by prior arraignment.
Via standard Post:
- From $19.95. No tracking number, suitable for all kind of leafs only.
We ship via DHL and Fedex with tracking number:
- Up to 1kg $35.00
- Up to 3kg $120.00
- Up to 7kg $199.00
- Up to 20kg $590.00
All orders are packaged nicely and securely.
Wholesale prices, up to 70% off the RRP:
- Save Money Every time you buy from us.
- Get up to 70% discount every time.
- Use your Gold Coupon every time you purchase on our website.
- No minimum and no maximum spent.
- Your Gold Coupon is always active, no expiration. Simply enter your coupon at checkout to get the discount.
- Valid on all products, storewide.
- Your discount percentage will be based on your total spending on Gold Leaf NZ and not on one single order.
- Coupons do not apply to on-sale products.
- You will get your Gold Coupon on your first order.
High Quality Customer Service:
- We guarantee the quality of every product you buy from us.
- We package all orders securely and nicely.
- We inspect every product before we ship to you so that you do not get disappointed.
- All orders are processed daily, and delivered to you within 20 days via Fedex or DHL Exprerss.
- You can pay by direct credit, Visa/Paypal or Western Union.
- We have no objection as to how you use our products, resell it, use it for yourself or your customers.
- Super fast communication, email us, call us or text us at anytime.
- We look forward to you joining us for a longe and successful business relationship.
How to order:
- Either email us directly with what you want, or
- Click on the “Enquire” tab, which, is next to the product’s “Description” tab and fill in the form there.
- Alternatively, go to the products that you want to buy, add to cart, at check out enter your delivery address, select payment method and continue.
- At this point, we both received a copy of the order.
- We will contact you with the actual delivery date, and process your order immediately.
If you have any question, then please email us.