Edible silver leaf. Made exclusively for the food industry. Edible silver leafs are great for decorating dark backgrounds such as chocolate, sushi, fish and other gourmet that is either light or dark colour.
– Leaf size: 60x60mm.
– It can be used whole to cover larger areas or cut into smaller pieces.
– These genuine silver leafs are placed loosely and individually in a paper tissue.
– Edible silver leafs are great together with gold leafs as they provide contrast and the luxury environment in one dish.
How do you apply edible silver leaf to a cake?
- Simply slide the silver leaf onto the cake. You can also use the Edible Leaf Application Brush to place the gold / silver leaf precisely where you want.
- Always avoid touching silver leafs with your fingers.
- Apply the leafs in a non-drafty environment.
- Avoid breathing over the leaf as this will cause the leaf to rincle or fly away.
- Always keep the leafs in a dry place, between 10c and 30c.
- Use the supplied edible gold or silver leafs within 3 years from date of purchase.
- For the edible silver leaf to stick, make sure your cake is free of any powder or sugar.
- If the surface of the cake is wet or moist already, then that’s best, if it is dry and hard (such as biscuit) brush a thin layer of water over the area where you will apply the silver leaf using a food paintbrush.
- Use the Edible Leaf Application Brush for picking up the silver leaf and place precisely where you want on the cake, the Gilder’s Tip is perfect for applying silver leaf vertically such as on the cake outside walls.
- If you do not have the Edible Leaf Application Brush, slide the silver leaf to drop where you want. For Transfer silver leaf, face the silver side on the cake and then use cotton or the Transfer brush and press down gently on the back of the tissue paper to transfer the leaf from its tissue paper onto the cake.