Silver leaf (Aluminum) is a lightweight but resistant metal; its silvery metallic appearance is due to the thin surface layer of oxidation which forms rapidly on contact with air; it is a physical protective barrier to corrosion or further oxidation, not soluble in water.
Recommended gilding size for these silver leafs is a water based Mission on accurately prepared surfaces.
They are little sensitive to UV rays, to humidity and temperature; anyway we recommend to store them closed in their original packages, away from direct sunlight at room temperature (recommended 18-23 C°) above all because of the constant presence of polluting agents in the air and situations particularly aggressive even for aluminum.
This imitation silver leaf is great for gilding furniture, walls, ceiling and decorative objects. Applicable on all kinds of materials such as wood, metal, gibb-board, stone, glass, ceramic, concrete, paper, plastic, Fabric etc.
- The loose silver leaf are placed loosely one on top of the other out of alignment of about 3 cm for easy pick up.
- Composition: 100% Aluminium.
- Coverage: x39 leafs per sqm. Exclude waste and overlap.
- Recommended gilding size for these leafs is Kolner Aqua Size, and you can also use any gilding size you have.
- When using imitation metal leaf, it is best to use Gilder’s Gloves to avoid leaving moisture from your fingers on the metal leafs.
- Imitation gold leafs must be protected with varnish to avoid oxidization; use Kolner Leaf Protect.
- To brush off the excess leafs and end up with a nice solid finish, use the Gilder’s Mop.