Edible silver leaf, a booklet of 25 leafs. Made exclusively for the food industry. Edible silver leafs are great for decorating dark background such as chocolate, sushi, fish and other gourmet that is either light or dark colour.
– All our edible silver leafs are made from genuine silver
– Silver leaf size: 95x95mm.
– Inside the booklet there are 25 silver leafs.
– Transfer leaf.
– Edible silver leafs are great together with gold leafs as they provide contrast and luxury environment.
– Best choice and more economical for cake shops and sweets manufacturers.
How do you apply edible silver leaf to a cake?
- Always avoid touching silver leafs with your fingers.
- Avoid breathing over the leaf as this will cause the leaf to rincle or fly away.
- Always keep the leafs in a dry place, between 10c and 30c.
- Use the supplied edible gold or silver leafs within 3 years from date of purchase.
- For the edible silver leaf to stick, make sure your cake is free of any powder or sugar.
- If the surface of the cake is wet or moist already, then that’s best, if it is dry and hard (such as biscuit) brush a thin layer of water over the area where you will apply the silver leaf using a food paintbrush and gently press down on the back of the silver leaf to release the silver off the transfer paper.
- Transfer silver leaf, face the silver side on the cake and then use cotton or the Transfer brush and press down gently on the back of the tissue paper to transfer the leaf from its tissue paper onto the cake.
What does silver leaf taste like?
Edible silver has no taste at all, it is nothing but a shiny glitter that adds luxury style to your food.