24k Gold Leaf. The gold leaf is placed loosely inside a tissue paper, one for each leaf. You can pick up the leaf with the gilder’s tip and place it onto the prepared surface, or simply drop it directly from the booklet onto the surface.
Perfect for gilding furniture, walls, ceiling and decorative objects. Applicable on all kinds of materials such as wood, metal, gib-board, stone, glass, ceramic, concrete, paper, plastic, fabric etc.
– 24k Genuine Gold Leaf.
– Best choice for headstone gilders and gold lettering.
– A pack of 10 leafs.
– High quality.
– A bit thicker than the 43x43mm thus makes it best for rich looking.
– For indoor/outdoor use.
– Always avoid touching gold leafs with your fingers.
– Apply the leafs in a non-draught environment.
– Avoid breathing over the leaf as this will cause the leaf to wrinkle or fly away.
– Always keep the leafs in a dry place, between 10c and 30c.
Leaf size: 4x4cm
Composition: Pure Gold
Genuine gold leaf is different from imitation gold leaf. The genuine is much more expensive, because they are made from real gold, whereas the imitation gold leafs sometimes called “gold leaf” —which is misleading— are made from copper, zinc and other alloy.
You can easily test any gold leafs by brushing it with some vinegar before you apply a sealer to it. If it does not change colour then its genuine but if it oxidize and change colour after a day or two then its imitation and not genuine gold.
In addition to the gold leaf packaging, we also use thick cardboard to protect your order and to ensure your order arrive in good condition.
We process all orders made by 3pm same day. Orders that are made after 3pm will be processed the following business day.