24k Edible gold leaf booklet. Made exclusively for the food industry. Edible gold leaf is suitable for decorating cakes and dishes of all kinds. It is ideal for embellishing and lighting your table on any occasion, from the morning flat white to the special event dish.
The individual gold leaves are pressed onto a tissue paper. The tissue paper is larger than the gold leaf, thus it is more easily handled. It is also possible to cut the patent leaves into desired shapes/forms with sissors. The leaves are placed onto the cake surface and carefully rubbed with the Application Brush. The tissue paper may then be removed as the gold leaf will adhere to the surface.
– Leaf size: 80x80mm.
– Inside the booklet, there are 5 gold leafs.
– It can be used whole to cover larger areas or cut into smaller pieces.
– These Transfer leafs are for precise decoration when wanting to achieve a specific shape and look.
– Perfect for decorating cakes, cupcakes, confectionery, chocolate, desserts and cocktails.
– Ingredient: 99% pure gold and 1% silver. This is the ideal ration for edible gold leaf application.
How do you apply edible gold leaf to a cake?
- Loose leafs: slide the gold leaf onto the cake. You can also use the Edible Leaf Application Brush to place the gold / silver leaf precisely where you want.
- Always avoid touching gold leafs with your fingers.
- Apply the leafs in a non-draught environment.
- Avoid breathing over the leaf as this will cause the leaf to rincle or fly away.
- Always keep the leafs in a dry place, between 10c and 30c.
- Use the supplied edible gold or silver leafs within 3 years from date of purchase.
- For the edible gold leaf to stick, make sure your cake is free of any powder or sugar.
- If the surface of the cake is wet or moist already, then that’s best, if it is dry and hard (such as biscuit) brush a thin layer of water over the area where you will apply the gold leaf using a food paintbrush.
- Use the Edible Leaf Application Brush for picking up the gold leaf and place precisely where you want on the cake, the Gilder’s Tip is perfect for applying gold leaf vertically such as on the cake outside walls.
- If you do not have the Edible Leaf Application Brush, slide the gold leaf to drop where you want. For Transfer gold leaf, face the gold side on the cake and then use cotton or the Transfer brush and press down gently on the back of the tissue paper to transfer the leaf from its tissue paper onto the cake.
How long does edible gold leaf last?
The edible gold leaf lasts up to three years from the date of manufacturing. Edible Gold is used in gourmet foods, such as cocktails, pastries as a decorative ingredient.
Is edible gold leaf real gold?
Yes, edible gold leaf or flakes are made of pure Gold 24k, however, it also comes in 23k, (99% gold and 1% silver) both genuine Gold and silver are safe to consume. Thus edible gold leaf is relatively inexpensive.
Can you use edible gold leaf on buttercream?
Buttercream is the perfect foundation for loose edible gold leaf because the leafs are so thin they will follow the contour of the butter and stick easily.
What does gold leaf taste like?
Edible Gold has no taste at all, it is nothing but a shiny glitter that adds luxury style to your food.
What is best: Loose or Transfer gold leaf?
- Loose Edible Gold leaf: are best for soft surfaces such as cream, butter and jelly. Drop the loose-leaf, and it will stick by itself without having to press down on it.
- Transfer Edible Gold leaf is best for the solid or hard surfaces where you can press down on the tissue paper to ensure that the gold has stuck on all the dentation and curves. Besides, the Transfer gold leaf is great for gilding the outside of your cake vertically.