Copper roll for gilding walls and large area. Interior designers and picture framing professionals use them. Turn a plain wall into a metallic finish to provide a luxurious environment in your home, restaurant, and office.
How to apply copper roll on the wall?
Open the roll and start at the top, place on the wall first 5cm of the roll then open the roll all the way down to the floor but avoid touching the floor. Make sure that the roll is perfectly vertical and then use a paint roller starting from the top going all the way down. The paint roller must not touch the adhesive, ensure that the roller stays on the copper pressing down to ensure that all the copper is stuck on the wall. Cut the copper at the bottom where the wall ends.
To apply the second sheet, again start at the top, place the copper roll 1cm overlapping the first sheet that you just sticked, follow the same method as you did with the first sheet till you finish all the wall.
The copper roll is very soft and fragile, do not pull it hard not to get torn. If this happen, then simply cut the torn area of the copper roll and start again.
Thickness: Approx 1 micron.
The roll is 16cm wide; you can also cut to a specific width so that you waste not the gold leaf. Applicable on all surfaces using all kinds of gilding sizes. We recommend Nazionale Mission Gilding Size when gilding on wood, plaster, stone and paper. However, for gilding on metal, plastic and glass you need to use the Permacoll Gilding Size with this gold roll leaf.
- When gilding with copper leaf, it is best to use Gilder’s Gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints on the metal leafs, as these fingerprints will show up after few days.
- All metal leaf must be protected by a varnish/sealer to avoid oxidization. Use Leaf Protect Varnish to protect the finished gilded work, it is made by Noris and industry’s best varnish available.
- Some gilders use a Paint Roller and others gilders use the Soft Wool Brushes to apply the copper leaf on wall, both are perfectly fine to use.
Choosing a gilding size
The Instacoll Gilding Size gloss (the mat is for indoor only) is for porous and non-porous surfaces, interior & exterior when gilding with genuine gold leaf.
1. Gilding size for imitation gold, silver, copper, variegated on wood, paper, concrete, and stone, use any of these:
For gilding on glass, plastic and metal use: Permacoll Gilding Size For All Metal Leafs And Gold Powder, indoor only.
2. Gilding size for genuine gold & silver leaf
3. Interior / Exterior gilding
Recommended reading: Choosing The Right Gilding Adhesive or Gilding Size
Shipping within New Zealand:
Urban $4.75 | Rural $11.75 | Overnight $9.75 | Saturday delivery $29.75 | Freight $75
- Orders are processed daily and shipped via Track and Trace.
- STD and Rural delivered within 3-5 business days.
- All orders are packaged securely.
- Special shipping requirement is acceptable by prior arraignment.
- Freight shipping is a flat rate ($75) regardless of size and weight. Select this option if you see your shipping exceeded $75.
- Add to Cart all the products you want to buy and then go to checkout. Enter your address, and choose shipping by weight.
- All orders are packaged nicely and securely.
Wholesale prices, up to 70% off the RRP:
- Save Money Every time you buy from us.
- Get up to 70% discount every time.
- Use your Gold Coupon every time you purchase on our website.
- No minimum and no maximum spent.
- Your Gold Coupon is always active, no expiration. Simply enter your coupon at checkout to get the discount.
- Valid on all products, storewide.
- Your discount percentage will be based on your total spending on Gold Leaf NZ and not on one single order.
- Coupons do not apply to on-sale products.
- You will get your Gold Coupon on your first order.
High Quality Customer Service:
- We guarantee the quality of every product you buy from us.
- We package all orders securely and nicely.
- We inspect every product before we ship to you so that you do not get disappointed.
- All orders are processed daily, and delivered to you within 20 days via Fedex or DHL Exprerss.
- You can pay by direct credit, Visa/Paypal or Western Union.
- We have no objection as to how you use our products, resell it, use it for yourself or your customers.
- Super fast communication, email us, call us or text us at anytime.
- We look forward to you joining us for a longe and successful business relationship.
How to order:
- Either email us directly with what you want, or
- Click on the “Enquire” tab, which, is next to the product’s “Description” tab and fill in the form there.
- Alternatively, go to the products that you want to buy, add to cart, at check out enter your delivery address, select payment method and continue.
- At this point, we both received a copy of the order.
- We will contact you with the actual delivery date, and process your order immediately.
If you have any question, then please email us.