High gloss gilding and silvering. Particularly used on paper and other flexible surfaces, but can also be used on non-flexible surfaces. Kölner Miniatum should be processed at a room temperature between 15 – 25 °C. Additional dilution with water is possible. However, this should not exceed 5 %. It can be stored for at least 1 year after production. Brushes, pens and so on should be cleaned with soap and water, as long as the size has not formed a film. For longer works, periodic cleaning with water can become necessary, in particular with high temperature surroundings. Cleaning with alcohol or acetone is possible after filming.
The elastic nature of the size assures a long lasting gilded surface. The turning of illuminated pages will not cause the leaf to delaminate. Adhesion is guaranteed on paper, vellum (degreased), smooth leather and different plastic foils (plasticizer-free), as well as on metal-concealed papers (aluminium) and a lot of other materials.
Miniatum is especially important for gilding in the domain of book illumination. Even without agate burnishing, surfaces with spectacular high-gloss can be achieved. Miniatum works perfectly when high gloss is desired, especially for small surfaces.
Choosing a gilding size
The Instacoll Gilding Size gloss (the mat is for indoor only) is for porous and non-porous surfaces, interior & exterior when gilding with genuine gold leaf.
1. Gilding size for imitation gold, silver, copper, variegated on wood, paper, concrete, and stone, use any of these:
For gilding on glass, plastic and metal use: Permacoll Gilding Size For All Metal Leafs And Gold Powder, indoor only.
2. Gilding size for genuine gold & silver leaf
3. Interior / Exterior gilding
Recommended reading: Choosing The Right Gilding Adhesive or Gilding Size
Shipping within New Zealand:
Urban $4.75 | Rural $11.75 | Overnight $9.75 | Saturday delivery $29.75 | Freight $75
- Orders are processed daily and shipped via Track and Trace.
- STD and Rural delivered within 3-5 business days.
- All orders are packaged securely.
- Special shipping requirement is acceptable by prior arraignment.
- Freight shipping is a flat rate ($75) regardless of size and weight. Select this option if you see your shipping exceeded $75.
- Add to Cart all the products you want to buy and then go to checkout. Enter your address, and choose shipping by weight.
- All orders are packaged nicely and securely.
Wholesale prices, up to 70% off the RRP:
- Save Money Every time you buy from us.
- Get up to 70% discount every time.
- Use your Gold Coupon every time you purchase on our website.
- No minimum and no maximum spent.
- Your Gold Coupon is always active, no expiration. Simply enter your coupon at checkout to get the discount.
- Valid on all products, storewide.
- Your discount percentage will be based on your total spending on Gold Leaf NZ and not on one single order.
- Coupons do not apply to on-sale products.
- You will get your Gold Coupon on your first order.
High Quality Customer Service:
- We guarantee the quality of every product you buy from us.
- We package all orders securely and nicely.
- We inspect every product before we ship to you so that you do not get disappointed.
- All orders are processed daily, and delivered to you within 20 days via Fedex or DHL Exprerss.
- You can pay by direct credit, Visa/Paypal or Western Union.
- We have no objection as to how you use our products, resell it, use it for yourself or your customers.
- Super fast communication, email us, call us or text us at anytime.
- We look forward to you joining us for a longe and successful business relationship.
How to order:
- Either email us directly with what you want, or
- Click on the “Enquire” tab, which, is next to the product’s “Description” tab and fill in the form there.
- Alternatively, go to the products that you want to buy, add to cart, at check out enter your delivery address, select payment method and continue.
- At this point, we both received a copy of the order.
- We will contact you with the actual delivery date, and process your order immediately.
If you have any question, then please email us.